Citizen Alert System

sign up scroll down icon

Noble Hill Rosenwald School Museum

The Noble Hill Rosenwald School, now known as Noble Hill-Wheeler Memorial Center was built in 1923 as the first standard school for black children in Bartow County. It was the first school in northwest Georgia constructed  with Rosenwald funds. The school closed in 1955 when all schools for black children in Bartow County were consolidated to form the Bartow Elementary School.

Today the restored school is a cultural heritage museum that features  aspects of black culture in Bartow County dating back to the late 1800's and early 1900's.

To learn more about the Noble Hill Rosenwald School visit their website at Noble Hill-Wheeler Memorial Center and Museum

CBS This Morning features the Noble Hill Rosenwald School.