Absentee by Mail Information
Request Absentee By Mail: Now – January 1st (but apply ASAP!)
- Paperless ballot requests now available with a GA Driver’s License! Official Georgia Absentee Ballot Portal
- Fill out, print, sign, and mail/fax/email a scan or legible photo of an application to our office.
- Mail: 135 W Cherokee Ave Box 106, Cartersville GA, 30120
- Fax: (770) 606-2245
- Email: email@example.com
- Drop Off: 1300 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy, Cartersville GA, 30120
- Drop your sealed ballot off at one of our convenient drop box locations around the county!
- Elections Office Main Entrance Door
- Bartow County Courthouse
- Allatoona Resource Center
- Manning Mill Park Gym
- Euharlee City Hall
- Apply adequate postage and mail to our office.
Absentee by Mail is a convenient option to those voters who are away from home, or find it hard to make it to an in person voting location. Anyone registered to vote in Bartow County may submit an Absentee Ballot Application to the Bartow County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office starting 180 days prior to any Primary or General Election. The last day to submit an Absentee Ballot Application is the Friday prior to Election Day. We will then send an absentee ballot to you in the mail. These ballots are counted at the same time as the votes cast on Election Day.
The Absentee Ballot results are released during the same time frame as the Election Day Results on Election Night and are available to the public in the same manner. The Unofficial Results Page where you can obtain these totals on Election Night will indicate whether or not the Absentee Results have been included in the Unofficial Vote Totals yet.
If you are interested in the process of counting Absentee Ballots, please feel free to stop by on Election Day to observe the counting process. Please call our office before Election Day so that we can give you the specific time and location that the counting will take place. Also, if the counting begins prior to 7:00 PM then anyone included in the counting process, including any observers, must remain sequestered until 7:00 PM so that no results may be released prior to the close polls.