WE NOW ACCEPT ALL MAJOR DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A 2.5% OR $1.50 MINIMUM SERVICE CHARGE.
Our goal is to provide support for the sustainable development of residential, commercial and industrial projects while protecting the natural resources of Bartow County.
The Engineering Division provides services in several broad categories including stormwater management, road construction and subdivision design; in addition to, protecting public interests as administrator of the Development Regulations of Bartow County, and various Environmental Resource ordinances. Many of the purposes of the division follow:
(1) To guide and regulate developments and subdivisions in Bartow County, in order to promote the general welfare of the county and residents and users of such developments and subdivisions;
(2) To provide standards for road and street construction, and subdivision design, to create orderly traffic flow and serve the public health, safety and welfare, and to prevent congestion;
(3) To provide for the control of stormwater and other negative impacts resulting from developments, and to protect from flooding and flood hazards;
(4) To promote, in the public interest, the wise utilization of land; and
(5) To streamline the construction plan review process by providing clear lines of communication and direction to staff.
Plans Submittal - Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting preliminary plats, civil plans & hydrology study, building plans, and/or as-builts & final plat, submit 3 copies of civil plans, 2 copies of plats and/or building plans, and 1 copy of hydrology study and/or as-builts along with applicable fees and forms to the community development office, 135 W. Cherokee Ave, Suite 124, Cartersville, GA 30120. Review does not start until fees have been paid. Then email a PDF or link to email@example.com
We provide technical engineering services (including engineering design and inspection) and support to other County departments, staff, elected officials as well as technical assistance to the public.
Development Review and Inspection
We review residential, commercial and industrial development plans, approve for issuance of development permits, and enforce compliance with County ordinances and statutes (state and federal).
We provide general assistance to the citizens of Bartow County, host public hearings and attend community meetings.